valentine's misery day

Valentine's misery day, becomes valentine's O'treak day.
A day, on the 14th of February in the year, 2020 in the city of lagos, Nigeria. 
This day is commonly known and celebrated as valentine's day but for me I would call that day valentine's O'treak day.

If you do not know, what is O'treak? 
O'treak means, walking a distance you do not plan for, or no other option to get to that destination. This is a new slang in lagos.

It all started from around 7:53 am on this day 14th of February. I have mapped out all my work and meetings scheduled for the day with Google calendar. 
All that was in my mind was "Thank God it is Friday" (TGIF). I have done all the projects and submit all the necessary documents. 

Where is my manners, I am very sorry for this, I did not introduce myself. 
My name is David love, i am a businessman in computing technology. I am a tall and fine single guy, if you want to know, now you know. I live with my family in the city of lagos, Nigeria. 

I came out of the residential Estate, I live in. Walking outside the main gate, to get a taxi, keke napep, or a motorcycle to my office is a normal routine, ever since I sold my car to fund a business project. 
I am to resume in my business place at 9:00 am, since I am the boss. All meetings for the week are wrapped up. I only need to submit a project document handled by me, to one of my business partner's. 

I was at the Estate gate, at about 7:53 am, which is more than an hour to resume in my Office. Good timing, for last business day of the week. 
Normally, duration from my resident to the office is about 30 minutes drive. 
7:53 am to 8:15 am, I was standing in one spot at the bus stop. No O'ride, No keke napep, No taxi. 

I remembered myself, "hey", ha ha. I just forgot that, lagos state government have ban motorcycle and keke napep. My only means of transportation, then became only taxi. 
I was lucky to get a taxi, when I have to O'treak, to the next bus stop, at about 8:45 am, I know am already late for work, this is unlike me because I am always prompt to time. 

I got to my Office at about 9:20 am. All things went well in the office environment and I was so happy. I have to leave My assistant to do the administrative work. 

I left my office to buy gifts to celebrate valentine's day with my girlfriend. 
I head straight to a gift shop in opebi, close to ikeja environment, I did not see a preferred gift to pickup only a valentine's gift card. I decided to go to shop rite. 
My brothers and sisters, I never knew I am going to be boarding O'treak vehicle to shop rite. 

No motor bike, bicycle neither keke napep. I used O'treak from Opebi to Allen Avenue, with hope that I would be compensated at the end, with a vehicle to shop rite. 
I have to wait at Allen Avenue bus stop, to board any vehicle going to shop rite. 

I was at Allen Avenue for more than one hour, sweating under the noon day sun. It feels like, 'I was trapped in an oven to get baked'. 
Since, I could not get a vehicle at Allen Avenue bus stop, because "every commercial bus that took that route were all filled up". 

I was encouraged by stranger in Allen Avenue bus stop, he was also heading to shop rite to get valentine gift for his wife. "A very romantic guy", I taught in my mind. 

We both used O'treak from Allen Avenue bus stop to shop rite, still sweating with the gift card, I bought at a store in Opebi in my hands.

I was done with shopping at shop rite and checked out to head home. 

I used O'treak from shop rite to the Express way, because the "lagos state government have ban motorcycle and keke napep from major roads in lagos". 

The commercial bus drivers have all decided to leave that route to the Express way. Reasons best known to them. 

My brothers and sisters, I have been on the Express way, for about two (2) hours now. 
Please, I need your advice. 

Should I use O'treak on the third (3rd) main land bridge to get to the high land? Since, I didn't participate in lagos city marathon last week. 
Or 
I should listen to the other mind that says 'I should have patience, a bus is going to my route'.

Which should I consider the formal or the later? 


Written by: Joshua Aile. N
Date: 14/2/2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When was Dream league soccer game created

Everything You Need To Know About Dream League 2020: The New Soccer Game Everyone Is Talking About.

how is naija ludo game played